We have compiled some Disability Insurance tips that many of our clients may have never heard of. They offer information that may get you a better experience while you insure yourself and your future earnings if you can’t work one day.
Disability Insurance Tips
1.) Do You Want Assistance, Support, and Guidance?
- It is more likely for you to get one on one/in person help with questions, the application process, and claims process by working with a Disability Insurance advisor instead of the HR department at your job. They will not know any specifics about your policy and will probably just give you a phone number to call.
2.) Did You Know You Will Need A Medical Exam?
- It is important for you to know that you will need to have a medical exam (including a blood and urine sample) in order for you to be approved. But, some insurance company allow for this to happen at home. It can’t hurt to ask!
3.) Still Can’t Decide If You Should Get Disability Insurance?
- Ask yourself this question: Do I have anyone depending on me and my income? If the answer if yes, then you should get Disability Insurance. This type of coverage will give you money in order to continue paying for your dependent’s food, clothes, tuition, childcare, and roof over their head.
4.) Don’t Have A Lot Of Money To Spend?
- Although it is ideal to invest in a policy that will fully cover you when you can’t work, that may not always be possible. You can still purchase a smaller Disability Insurance policy that will at least cover your rent/mortgage payment if you earn a paycheck. This will still help you tremendously while you are out of work and recovering.
- Some cover is better than none!
5.) Can’t Decide On Which Company To Go With?
- It is best to decide on a company based on your needs and what they can do for you.
- Don’t choose a company based on tv commercials or popularity.
- An advisor can scan the market to see which company will benefit you the best.
- Do your own research and ask lots of questions.
6.) Want Better Rates?
- The younger you are the better rates and options available you will have.
- Non-smokers will get you better rates than smokers.
Want More Tips?
Our advisors can give you more Disability Insurance tips in order for you to get the best kind of policy. They can also help you apply and get the best rates on the market. Connect with us by calling (800) 788-8921 or fill out our Contact Form and we will reach out to you. We look forward to hearing from you!