What is Underwriting?
Underwriting is the process that you and your application go through after you it has been submitted. During this time, a underwriting reviews your application and any documents you have submitted. Keep in mind that they may ask you for more information. The underwriter analyzes how much of a risk you are and either grants or denies you Disability Insurance.
What Does the Underwriter Pay Attention To?
The underwriter pays attention to several key factors in your application These factors get analyzed and the underwriter determines if the insurance company should insure you, what the terms will be, and how much you will have to pay.
An underwriter will look at these factors:
- Your age and gender
- Your occupation and income
- Your health & medical history
- Your lifestyle habits
More on Disability Insurance Underwriting Explained
It’s important to know that you it will take about one month to hear back from underwriting. The insurance company will come back with a decision:
- Granted coverage under the terms and options you chose
- Granted coverage under modified or different terms
- Denied (If you are denied, it can be appealed)
- You do not need to send in money with your application
- Working with an advisors makes this A LOT easier!
- You may be asked to get a urine and blood test
- Learn about the company you want to go with
Insure Your Future With Us
Our advisors can be your guide to getting insured with Disability Insurance. We can help you through the process and get you great rates that will fit your lifestyle and budget. An advisor can help you learn more about Disability Insurance underwriting. Call us today at (800) 788-8921 or fill out our quick Contact Form so that we may connect with you.