Getting Disability Insurance is a big deal and a smart move. It is an investment you are making in your future and putting in place protection for your paycheck if one day you can’t work. Due to the fact that this costs you money, you want to make sure that you are fully protected and able to get help when you need it, especially if you have questions or concerns. There is one element that may determine how much you get out of your Disability Insurance policy.
How You Get It Makes a Difference
There are two ways to get Disability Insurance, which is also known as Paycheck Protection and Income Protection.
- Getting It At Your Work
- Many people are offered it when they start a job as a part of their benefits package.
- They are offered a standard package that is designed by the insurance company.
- No one may be able to help you directly with the application process or be there to answer your questions.
- The insurance company protects themselves by including many limitations and exclusions. It is highly recommended to get a Supplemental Disability Insurance policy if you get coverage at work.
- When you have questions/concerns, you may have to go through your HR department as the middle man and/or might be hard to reach a insurance representative.
- Getting It Through An Advisor
- You search for an advisor yourself, your choice according to your preferences.
- They will customize the policy for you depending on your budget, lifestyle, and other options.
- The advisor can guide you through the application process and answer your questions.
- The advisor will be there to advocate for you in case you are denied coverage or you have to file a claim.
It is clear that working with an advisor has many advantages. It will also get you the most out of your policy. The biggest benefit is being able to design a policy that is just right for you and your family. It will offer you the best financial protection when you can’t work.
Connect With Us For Disability Insurance
Our experienced advisors can guide you through the process and answer all of your questions. We take your needs, lifestyle, and available options on the market into consideration to put together the best coverage for you.
To get started, call us at (800) 788-8921 or fill out our quick and easy Contact Form to be connected with an advisor today.