Many people don’t know that Disability Insurance is pretty important. It’s important because it insures your paycheck so that you can still receive money when you can’t work because you got hurt, sick, or disabled. Without this money and without working, you may suffer from financial hardships. Disability Insurance will make sure that you have money in your pocket to still pay for the things you want and need. Because this type if insurance is so essential, it’s crucial to NOT make the following two faux pas:
FAUX PAS #1: Thinking that nothing will ever happen to you that will enable you to work and earn a paycheck.
- Disability Insurance isn’t just for work-related injuries.
- Even if you are not working in a dangerous profession you can still get hurt anywhere else and not be able to go to work in the morning.
- You can get into a car accident, sporting accident, fall, etc.
- Also, Disability Insurance can cover pregnancy, mental illness, drug addiction, other illnesses.
- Illnesses and injuries can last for month, and sometimes even years.
***It is naive to think that nothing can or will happen to us. There are many things that life can throw at us. It is better to be protected financially than to “wing it”.***
FAUX PAS #2: Thinking that you will just rely on your savings to get you by if you can’t work.
- Do you really have at least 6 months worth of paychecks in your savings account?
- Keep in mind that you don’t know how long your illness/injury/disability will last. It could be months or years.
- What will you do if you run out of money in your savings account? Do you have a back up plan?
- Will you be able to support yourself, family, and bills on the savings you have now?
***People tend to overestimate how much their money will cover for their expenses. Unexpected expenses can also throw us for a loop when you aren’t working. Your life savings shouldn’t be your only plan. Protect your self and family with Disability Insurance.***
Connect With Us For Disability Insurance
Your Disability Insurance can be customized to your lifestyle, budget, and preferences. Your policy will help you pay for the things that are important to you while you are not able to work. It will also help you maintain your current lifestyle for you and the people who are depending on you.
To create your policy, call us at (800) 788-8921 or fill our quick Contact Form and an advisor can contact you soon. We look forward to working with you!