Many people do not know that individuals experiencing disabilities because of an injury or illness end up in bankruptcy and home foreclosures. Why is this? Well, if you are hurt or ill, you can not work because you technically lose your ability to earn a paycheck. Without money, bills can not be paid and your current lifestyle can not be supported. This can be avoided with Disability Insurance.
But, unfortunately, having Disability Insurance isn’t very high on the priority list of most Americans. Many believe that they are very well covered through their job’s group plan, Social Security, or worker’s comp. But most of all, people don’t realize that these kind of plans usually have “holes” and don’t really protect you like you think they do.
Why These Aren’t Reliable
- When you first apply to receive Social Security benefits, there is a very good chance that you will get denied, about a 50% chance actually.
- If you do get approved, the average amount you will receive will be just a little over $1000, which is usually not enough for the average person’s monthly expenses.
- Also, worker’s comp only covers work related injuries and most injuries that happen are not work related.
What Should You Do For Financial Protection
This goes to show that relying on Social Security and other type of plans will not protect you like you deserve. By purchasing an individual Disability Insurance plan, you can customize it to fit your needs and budget. This will insure that if you get injured or become sick you will still have an income to maintain your current lifestyle and be financially sound for yourself and family.
What Disability Insurance Will Do For You
- It will allow you to continue paying for you mortgage, groceries, utility bills, child care, entertainment, etc.
- Help you avoid taking money from your savings, maxing out credit cards, and borrowing from others.
- By having money continue pay for rent/mortgage, you won’t have to worry about home foreclosure.
- Paying for life’s daily expenses with Disability Insurance benefits will help avoid going into debt.
Protect Yourself Today
Give us a call so that we can customize a policy just for you, your needs, lifestyle, and budget. You can reach one of our experienced advisors at Insure Your Future by calling (800) 788-8921. You can also fill out our brief Contact Form in order for us to reach out to you. We are here to help you!