The start of a new year can signify a new beginning for a lot of people in their job, relationships, and family. A new year allows for a fresh start and an open mind to new opportunities. One of the new opportunities you should take is protecting yourself and loved ones with Disability Insurance. This guide will discuss who needs Disability Insurance this year.
Who Needs Disability Insurance?
- New Parents
- Newly Married
- If you have dependents (extended family, elderly parents, etc.)
- Occupations in the medical field, business owners, or risky jobs such as construction, etc.
Why Do They Need It?
Disability Insurance will pay you benefits aka money when you can’t work due to an illness, injury, or disability. The groups mentioned above either have people depending on them and their income, are property owners that need to continue paying their mortgage, or have specialized occupations.
Think about it: If you can’t work and earn money, how will you pay for the people living with you and the house you live in?
By having this type of coverage, you will still be receiving money when you aren’t working. This way, you can continue paying:
- Your mortgage/rent
- Car payment
- Utility bills
- Anything else you want or need
What Else Should I Know?
Disability Insurance is not something every one knows the details about. It’s not as common as car insurance and health insurance, but some may argue that it’s more important.
Some things to keep in mind about Disability Insurance:
- There is an application process
- An independent agent does not have a loyalty to one company. They can shop around for you.
- You will have to give a blood and urine sample
- You need to be working and earning an income to apply
- You can design your own policy
Ready For Coverage?
Our agents are ready to help you get coverage and protected this new year. We are able to shop around for you in order to find the best policy that fits your lifestyle and budget.
To contact us, fill out our Contact Form here or call us directly at (800) 788-8921. We look forward to working with you and your loved ones.