Winter weather can be crazy so its best to winter-proof yourself. Depending on where you live, you can have freezing weather and blizzards or mild winds and rain. But, regardless of where you are, winter can be brutal. Winter can cause you to fall, slip, or even get into a car accident and lead you to not be able to earn an income. This is why it’s important to winter-proof yourself. It’s also important to secure yourself with Disability Insurance if you are ever in a situation where your couldn’t work anymore due to winter or something else. This type of insurance will still pay you money if you aren’t able to work. This year, take the necessary steps to winter-proof yourself so that the cold season doesn’t stop your money flow.
- Be conscious of the shoes you wear during the winter season. Depending on the way winter is in your area, you may need heavy duty snow boots or slip-proof shoes. Make sure not to wear heels.
- Take “baby-steps”. It may be hard to always see black ice and large sheets of ice on the ground. It’s safer to take small steps than large ones.
- Winter-proof yourself by making sure you hold on to your car or anything you can while you are walking. Look for rails or walk with others, if possible.
- Try to not carry heavy backpacks, bags, suitcases, or purses. They will shift your balance and balance is key when you are trying to walk on icy ground.
If you have taken the necessary steps to winter-proof yourself, do the following:
It’s best to take extra precaution, especially when it comes to your income. One way to do this is by investing in Disability Insurance. This type of insurance will pay you money if you can’t work due to a winter fall, winter car accident, and other events that keep you from working.
Disability Insurance can also cover things such as pregnancy, illnesses, and disabilities that stop you from going to work and earning a paycheck.
The money you get when you aren’t working can pay for:
- Your groceries or food delivery services
- Car payments
- Lawn care
Insure Your Income With Disability Insurance Today
Our advisors have over 10 years of experience in the Disability Insurance field. They don’t work with 1 specific Disability Insurance company, they are independent advisors. This means they can shop around the insurance market for you to find you the best rates and policies for budget and lifestyle.
Call us today at (800) 788-8921 or connect with us through our Contact Form so that we may help you get started. We look forward to helping you today!