Disability Insurance is one of those things most people don’t know much about. It’s not as common as health or car insurance, but it is very important to have. For starters, you need to be working to apply and be approved for Disability Insurance.
Work Now, Be Covered Later
Disability Insurance has benefits for people who are insured. The best time to get Disability Insurance is when you are working and have a steady income. By paying for your policy when you are working and healthy, you are setting yourself up for the future if you are ever able to not work. This may be due to:
- A car accident
- Sporting injury
- Broken limbs
- Mental health issue
Can I Get Disability Insurance if I’m Not Working?
If you are not working or are already dealing with an issue that prevents you from working, you will not be able to invest in Disability Insurance. You may have to wait until you are fully recovered and back to work for a period of time before talking to a Disability Insurance advisor and applying for this type of coverage.
What Else Should I Know?
- You may get the best support and direct answers when you work with an independent advisor who specializes in Disability Insurance.
- There is an application process to get Disability Insurance.
- You may be asked personal health questions by the advisor as a requirement from the insurance company.
- You may need to have a physical and submit a blood and urine test.
- How much you pay for you policy is determined by the insurance company, and not the advisor.
- The insurance company analyzes your current income and position, your lifestyle and health, and other factors due determine how much of a risk you are and how you much your policy will be.
Get Disability Insurance Today
Our advisors are ready to help you apply for Disability Insurance. We can answer all of your questions and help you navigate the application process with ease. Call us today at (800) 788-8921 or connect with an advisor by filling out our Contact Form.